Since courses only live for two years on the live Blackboard system, you may wish to export your course content if you think you’ll be teaching your course next time more than two years in the future.
To export your course for your records, log into Blackboard and go into the course you wish to export.
1. Go to the Control Panel in the lower left corner of the page.
2. Click on Packages and Utilities.
3. In the list that appears below Packages and Utilities, choose Export/Archive Course.
4. In the new screen that appears, click on the Export Package button below the header.
5. On the Export Course page, click the Select All button under 3. Select Course Materials .
6. Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
On the next screen, you’ll see a message indicating that the action has been queued. You’ll receive an email when the process is complete and you can download the file. PLEASE NOTE: The file may appear in the list before it is fully complete. Please do not proceed until you receive the confirmation email. The file you think you download will not be a reliable backup of the course until that time.
7. Once you have received the confirmation email, go back to the Control Panel > Packages and Utilities > Export/Archive Course. You will now see a file listed that begins with “ExportFile”. Click on the file to download it to your computer.