How to Create and Save a Quiz
Below are visual steps on how to create a Canvas Quiz and how to create a multiple choice question. View a screencast tutorial of this here and a tutorial on how to make different kinds of questions here.
- Go to the Quiz tab in the menu on the left side of your Canvas course.
- Click on the + Quiz button on the upper right.
- Under the Details Tab, title your quiz.
- Put quiz instructions in the text editor box located below the quiz title box.
- There are quiz settings below the text editor box.
- The settings allow you to have a graded or ungraded quiz, set a time limit and prevent students from seeing the correct answers.
- Warning: The default in Canvas is for students to see the correct answers. If you do NOT want students to see the correct answers, un-check the box beside “Let Students See the Correct Quiz Response.”
6. You can set quiz open and close dates.
7. The Save button is at the bottom of the screen.
How to Create Questions
- To add questions to your quiz, go to the Questions tab along the top of the screen.
- Click on the +New Question button under the tab.
- There are several types of questions to choose from.
- Multiple Choice
- Multiple Answers
- Multiple Drop-down(can be used for Likert scale)
- Numerical Answer
- Formula (simple formula and single variable)
- File Upload
You can also link course content to create Quiz questions, such as linking a diagram image.
- Assign a point value to each question you create.
- Remember to click Update Question below the question box.
How To Create a Multiple Choice Question
- Select Multiple Choice from the dropdown menu of question types.
- Enter the question text in the editing box.
- The Correct Answer box is in green.
- The other Possible Answer boxes are below in red.
3. Enter the text for answers in each Answer text editor box.
4.You can edit or delete answers using the icons to the right.
5. Be sure to save your changes with the Update Question button at the bottom.
Click here for more information on Quizzes in Canvas Guides.