Course instructors planning to teach an online or hybrid course will need to submit an E-Learning Pre-Approval form, and that form must be approved by all reviewers before the course schedule will indicate that the course is online or hybrid. We want students to have a fair shake at building their schedules, so forms should be submitted and approved prior to the posting of the schedule for the next upcoming term so that students have accurate expectations for the course.
The College requires a completed and approved form for each course in which any portion of the contact hour requirement is removed from the classroom and converted to electronic delivery, for each instructor, and for each semester the course is offered – even if nothing has changed. That is because the College must record planned instructional methods as related to College policies, accreditor guidelines, and state and federal laws for distance education. Prior semesters’ forms can be copied and reused for future terms. Details about purpose and compliance can be found within the form, itself.
Steps to review and approve a form
- Login to your E-Learning Form Portal. You may experience problems using this site in Internet Explorer or lower.
- If you have completed any forms as a course instructor, they will appear on your portal page.
- To review others’ forms, click the Admin Area button. A listing of forms relevant to your department or school will indicate:
- If any feedback has been provided by any reviewer
- Approval status for each reviewer
- Click View to open the form and review. At the bottom:
- Click Add Feedback to provide optional feedback to the instructor. This can occur with or without approval. Automatic email notifications will be sent to the instructor and any individuals who have already approved, simply letting them know that feedback has been provided.
- Click Approve to approve the form. An automatic email notification is sent to the next reviewer.
- Once approved by all reviewers, a notification will be sent to the registrar, indicating that the online/hybrid status may be applied in the course schedule.
There may be times when an instructor needs to edit and re-submit a form. After re-submitting, individuals who have already approved will receive an email notification, simply letting them know that a change has been made, but will not need to re-approve.
- For technical help with this form process, please contact ITS Online Learning Services.
- For timeline and policy guidance, please contact your department chair, dean, or provost’s office.