Getting Started on Zoom
How to Sign Up for the First Time
- Start by going to zoom.us
- On the top right corner, click on the blue “Sign Up, It’s Free” button.
- Enter your school email address and click “Sign Up”.
- You’ll receive an email from Zoom to Go to your email and click Activate Account.
- You’ll be redirected to fill in your first name, last name, and create a password.
How to Download the Zoom Client
- Start by going to https://zoom.us/download.
- Click the blue “Download” button under Zoom Client for Meetings to access the installer.
3. Open the Zoom installer from your Downloads folder and follow the on-screen steps to set up your Zoom Client.
How to Schedule a Meeting Online
- Go to https://zoom.us/meeting (You may be prompted to sign in but will be redirected to the page after)
- Click the blue “Schedule a New Meeting” button in the top left corner
- Enter in Topic, Date, and other related details and press Schedule. It is recommended that you make Registration required when scheduling a meeting, as that allows you to generate a registration report after the meeting is More information can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
How to join a Class/Meeting
- Join using the provided URL. Open the email, newsletter, calendar invite, or other communication that contains a link to the pre-scheduled meeting and click the URL to join the Zoom
Once you’re in the meeting, you may choose to connect audio in three different ways:
Using computer audio (recommended).
Dialing into a conference bridge from your phone.
Have Zoom call you by entering your phone number and your meeting will call your phone.
Best Practices while in a Class/Meeting
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client and stay signed
- Check your internet If you’re on free wifi you may need to keep your camera off to improve quality.
- Turn your camera on and have your camera at eye
- Stay muted unless you’re talking to reduce background
- Make sure you sit in a well-lit and quiet
- Be mindful of what’s going on behind you. Think about having solid wall behind you or turning on the virtual