To join a Zoom meeting or enter as a class participant, follow these steps:
- If your instructor (or the meeting host) provided a link (or URL), click the link or paste it into your web browser. Or, if they provided only a Meeting ID then go to https://zoom.us/join and enter the Meeting ID there.
- If you have not previously installed the Zoom desktop app it may begin downloading. If it does not begin downloading, click “Download & run Zoom.”
You may need to find the download in your browser’s download area and follow the process that you normally would for opening and installing.
- After following the prompts to install the package, you may be prompted for your name. Provide your actual name rather than your username. This will be your display name in the virtual meeting room.
- You will be asked to join the audio conference. Choose “Join by Computer” if you wish to use your computer’s speaker and microphone to listen and speak.
If you wish to join by telephone, click “Join by Phone” and use the provided information to dial into the conference line.
- Once you are in the meeting, you can turn your microphone and webcam on/off, or adjust other settings, using the icons in the lower left corner of the Zoom window.
More information can be found on Zoom’s support site.